Poem by Gregg H. Brown


CLOSER TO NATURE
I want to breathe the freshest air
Take off my shoes and feel the grass,
Hear birds sing without a care
Smell sweet flowers before I pass,

I want to help protect the earth
Keep it clean and plant a seed,
I want to feel my life has worth
Do what I can to take the lead,

To save the gift God gave for free
preserving life on the planet,
Do my part with the best in me
and not take this earth for granted,

As one with nature's power source
I will not deplete but conserve,
On this path I will hold my course
to restore, replenish and preserve,

For natures’ beauty, land, sea and sky
I thank the Lord so much,
Heavenly glory for each human eye
Wonders close enough to touch,

For what I’ve learned over the years
Green grass grows from fresh sod,
The closer to nature that we draw near
The closer we are to God...